HARRY POTTER TRIVIA – For Potter Club Fans
INSTRUCTIONS: Use your memory and don’t refer internet or see movies to solve this:
Criteria to categorize performance of the participants:
- Score ≤ 7: Amoeba
- Score 7-13: Mimosa Pudica
- Score 14-19: Power Ranger
- Score ≥ 20: Hermione Granger
- Under what 3 circumstances, portkey can be used in the world of magic?
- Which professor held the post for Defence against dark teacher for almost 50 years?
- Second most powerful dark wizard after Tom Riddle
- Name of the Ghost of Slytherin’s House
- What name did Horace kept for the fish presented to him by Lily
- Omens of misfortune refers to _______
- In which year at Hogwarts non-verbal incantations are taught?
- Name the shampoo invented by Professor Lockhart
- Who was the Headmaster when Chambers of Secret was opened for the first time?
- Name 2 things, which have a fatal cry
- Mention the 3 flaws of the Marauder Map
- Name of the graveyard where Cedric Diggory was killed
- Alohomora Charm is taught in which chapter of the Standard books of spell?
- Name the student who got expelled from Hogwart’s, and was later killed
- Who damaged Moody’s eye?
- Which vault at Gringott’s bank had Harrys money?
- Rita Skeeter can transform into which animagus form?
- Who all from Hogwart’s can participate in the Yule’s Ball?
- Which two things keep Nargles away?
- In which year did Dumbledore set the curtains of Gryffindor room on fire while he was a student?
- What was the name of the potion to bring luck to an individual?
- At what age the process of immortality began for Voldemort?
- Other than Dementors, Patronus charm can be used against what?
- What was the name of the cat owned by Filch?
- Who sent Sirius Black to Azkaban without conducting the trial?
- Wizards who
- a) Cannot apparate,
- b) Who wish to travel by daylight (which cannot happen through broomsticks, Thestrals, flying cars or dragons – as they are inappropriate in daytime),
- c) Whose destination has no fireplace, so no point in using Floo powder
- Galatea Merrythought (1895-1945)
- Gellert Grindewald
- Bloody Baron
- Sixth year
- Occamy egg yolk shampoo
- Armando Dippet
- Mandrakes and Banshee
- a) It cannot differentiate people who bear similar names
- b) It does not seem to show unplottable rooms (like Room of Requirement)
- c) The Chamber of Secrets never appeared on the map
- Little Hangleton
- Chapter 7
- Colin Creevey
- Evan Rosier
- Students from fourth year and above
- Butterbeer Cork Necklace and Dirigible Plum Earrings
- Fourth year
- Felix Felicis
- 16 years
- Bartemius Crouch Senior
-By a Novice fan of Harry Potter
Dr. Saurabh Shrivastava
Vice Principal – Curriculum
Department Of Community Medicine
Shri Sathya Sai Medical College & RI